Job Offer : Journalists / Reporters Needed at USA Daily Post
Employer: Lyndon Media, LLC
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Location 1 : Washington, DC – United States
Location 2 : Virtual. You can work and apply from anywhere in the U.S and Worldwide
USA Daily Post (www.usadailypost.com ) is a news website published by Lyndon Media, LLC. We are thrilled to announce that our 2015/2016 internship opportunities program is now opened! Are you a bright, enthusiastic person who has recently completed studies and is looking for a way into online publishing? We offer students and recent graduates the opportunity to get first-hand insight and experience working for a prominent online publication. Mentored by the editorial team, you will gain first hand experience of how business-to-business media works while learning essential skills in editing and proofing content for online use. You will be expected to work both independently and as part of a team. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain experience with a successful, dynamic media company. Apply today to join one of the sections for which you are interested in working with. We are looking for interns who can generate at least one article per day or 7 per week on one of the following sections: Business & Economy, Politic, Tech, Local News, Sports, Art & Entertainment, Love & Sex, Food & Drink, LGBT, Travel, Media, Health, Foreign Policy.
The Editorial Intern Will :
– Produce outstanding, creative and engaging news stories for www.usadailypost.com or other news sites publications published by Lyndon Media.
– Write articles for USA Daily Post as assigned by the editor.
– Research and brainstorm story ideas with the editor.
– Assist with web and social media updates.
– Sourcing and formatting images, researching new stories, and using content management systems.
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Our editorial Intern positions are unpaid, however, upon completion interns will amass
quality-writing samples and learn the inner workings of the online news industry. While a permanent paid position is not guaranteed at the end of your internship, successful interns will be a first consideration should a suitable position become available in the future.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, resume and some writing samples to: [email protected] In the subject line include the session for which you are applying. Application is accepted on a rolling basis. For more information on USA Daily Post, please visit www.usadailypost.com
Fall (mid August – December)
Important: We can only accept applications from people 18 years old and over. Lyndon Media, LLC value diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities. Due to the volume of applications received, we cannot respond to every application. Successful applicants will be contacted directly.
The Ideal Intern Candidate must:
– Have a working knowledge of AP Style Manual
– Should be enthusiastic about a career in journalism
– Produce world-class exclusive content
– Be curious about what happens in Washington, DC and in the metropolitan area.
– Have keen attention to details and meticulous fact checking.
– Have a knack for writing headlines and cut lines.
– Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of current affairs and trends.
– Be a resourceful self-starter who has a nose for a story and a determination to succeed.
– Be proficient in the many nuances of the written English language.
– Be organized, hardworking and have a sharp eye for details.
– Have ability to use social networking and other media platforms for content generation.
– Willingness to work flexible hours and occasional weekend day for coverage.
– Have Excellent English language use, grammar and spelling
Job Offer : Advertising Sales Representatives
USA Daily Post is looking for talented and eager professionals who are passionate about online and print publications. The selected candidates will work as advertising sales representatives for our website www.usadailypost.com and for our print magazine. Qualifications include significant experience in print and online media sales. USA Daily Post provides an overview of DC, U.S and International news. Our mission is to keep our readers informed, entertained and involved every single day by delivering top news.
The Advertising Sales Representatives will primarily be responsible for selling advertising space: banner Ads, sponsored contents, special advertising sections, press releases, job postings, Advertorials. Emphasis will be placed on acquiring new business and managing smaller business partners of the magazine. Account representatives will also be responsible for selling advertising to conferences, seminars, expo and ancillary business partners of the Magazine.
USA Daily Post is looking for highly self-motivated and well-spoken candidates to handle our fast-paced, on-demand environment. If necessary, some travel may be required as well as occasional attendance of Magazine functions. Former or current advertising sales experience is desired along with an undergraduate degree. The Account Representatives, who can be located anywhere and work from home, will join a dedicated team and be paid by commission only. We offer 40% commission for online sales and 25% commission for print sales.Expressions of interest and resume with the Job Title in the subject line should be sent by email to advertising [ at ] usadailypost.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter